Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking: 1 hour
Serves: 6 8
cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 large zucchini, diced into 1cm cubes
1 medium onion, diced into 1cm cubes
1 medium carrot, diced into 1cm cubes
800g chopped Flavorite tomatoes
1 pkt penne pasta
cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place oil in a large, heavy based pan; add garlic, zucchini, onion and carrot. Cook 6 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add Flavorite tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 30 minutes or until the sauce is a thick consistency.
- Cook lasagne sheets according to the instructions on the packet. Keep covered in a bowl of cold water.
- Cook penne in the lasagne water until just tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Pour in sauce, reserving about 1 cup. Add parmesan and toss well. Preheat oven to moderate 180C.
- Oil an overproof bowl, 20 25cm in diameter. Drain lasagne sheets well and line the inside of the bowl, overlapping to completely cover.
- Pour in penne mixture and fill to the top. Cover with lasagne sheets and bake for one hour. Allow to rest five minutes before turning out on to a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges to serve.