1 1/4 roma tomatoes
1 1/4 large Flavorite tomatoes
1 1/2 trusses Flavorite cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
1 cup continental parsley, leaves picked
1/2 cup basil, leaves picked
2 tbsp fresh oregano, leaves picked
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 chilli, halved
500ml tomato juice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
Dash of tabasco sauce
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Dash of apple balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place everything except the seasoning ingredients into a deep stainless steel or earthenware baking dish. Bake for 2 hours, until soft and melted.
- When the tomatoes have cooled, remove as much skin as possible.
- Blend mixture lightly in a food processor to a rough consistency.
- Stir in the Tabasco, Worcestershire and apple balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm with bruschetta, topped with rocket and shavings of parmessan cheese.